Inquiry Regarding Mesh System and Router/5GHz Channel Compatibility

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-03-27 09:18:46

I am writing to seek assistance regarding my current networking setup and a potential transition to TP-Link products.

I am based in Pakistan and currently have an ASUS RT-AC5300 AiMesh Router paired with two RT-AC68U AiMesh Nodes. While most of my devices, including my iPhone, iPad, Mi Box have no trouble connecting to the 5GHz band, I have encountered difficulties with my Mi Android devices. Interestingly, these Android devices connect seamlessly to the 5GHz band on my ISP-provided Dual Band ZTE F670L GPON ONT.

Upon further investigation, I discovered that the 5GHz channels available on my ZTE router include 149, 153, 157 and 161. However, the channels available on my ASUS router are limited to 36, 40, 44 and 48, regardless of the region setting I choose. This limitation has led to connectivity issues with my Android devices and has become quite frustrating.

Given the persistent issues with my ASUS setup, I am considering switching to TP-Link products. However, I have some confusion regarding the choice between OneMesh and EasyMesh. I am particularly interested in understanding which Mesh system offers better performance and value for the price.

Furthermore, I am contemplating purchasing the Archer AX55 router, which I have found available at a discounted price. Before making a decision, I need to confirm whether the Archer AX55 router supports the upper 5GHz channels such as 149, 153, 157 and 161. This information is crucial for ensuring compatibility with my Android devices and resolving the connectivity issues I am currently facing.

Could you please provide me with insights into the differences between OneMesh and EasyMesh, specifically in terms of performance and pricing? Additionally, I would appreciate confirmation regarding the compatibility of the Archer AX55 router with the upper 5GHz channels mentioned above. Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Inquiry Regarding Mesh System and Router/5GHz Channel Compatibility
2024-03-27 20:21:36

@Raajpoot 

Here's a coparisson among different mesh technologies provided by TP-Link.

Long story - short, you're aiming Easymesh because Onemesh is a TP-Link proprietary technology.

Regarding Archer AX55 - you are after DFS wireless channels that it supports - specs.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 333

Replies: 1

Related Articles