Deco second AP dropping connection to the specific laptop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-03-20 19:07:37
Model: Deco S7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.5 Build 20231128 Rel. 64440

Problem - "When I connect my second Deco access point to my Dell laptop, the Wi-Fi connection on my laptop starts getting disconnected. However, if I connect my same laptop to the remaining Deco access point, the internet starts working normally. I have been struggling with this issue for a long time and need help to fix it. Below is the complete setup scenario." 

I have set of 3 Deco connected to the main router. All 3 Deco are configured as access points for the internet. The main router is connected to the main Deco access point through a LAN cable, and the remaining 2 Deco access points are connected through Wi-Fi with the main Deco access point. Below is the setup. 

Network setup

Main Internet ISP router ---Lan cable-------> connected to Deco main access point ==Wifi===> second deco access point connected to main access point ==wifi====> third access point connected to the second deco access point. 

Regards,

Niraj

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco second AP dropping connection to the specific laptop
2024-03-22 09:44:47

@Niraj_Dubai 

Hi, 

You could refer to this link to disable "Mesh Technology" on the Deco APP for the Dell laptop:

Fix unstable connection when connected to the Deco network

It is also suggested to check whether there is any new wireless driver.

By the way, what is the specific model number for the Dell Laptop?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-03-24 19:03:10

@David-TP I have a Dell Latitude 7420 model with updated Wifi drivers Ver 22.250.10.1 Dated - 15/08/2023. Earlier, before posting to this community, I had tried disabling Mesh Technology, BEAMforming and Fast roaming in past but it didn't worked out. earlier this laptop was having windows 10 and after wiping I have installed windows 11 and still the issue is same.

Regards,

Niraj

Options
2024-03-24 22:51:48

@David-TP 

I have same problem with my dell laptop. I look forward your answer. 

Options