How can I "install VPN on DecoX60, Every site says it is easy, but it does not work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How can I "install VPN on DecoX60, Every site says it is easy, but it does not work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-03-10 11:55:47
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: latest at 24-03-10

I want to access content from my home country. After weeks and weeks of working on it, Deco still wont let me install a VPN Help. How can I "install VPN on DecoX60, so I can connect my TV to the Deco network and access by proxy, a server in UK to watch UK content? Every website says it is so easy, but it is NOT.

My equipment is: A Samsung TV screen [OS is Tyzen, which does not support installing a VPN]. So, I thought, I'll install a VPN on my router, it sounds so easy to have all devices at home access the VPN servers via the router. I bought DecoX60. I have tried 3 VPNs, Express, Nord and now Astrill. Astrill is the strongest VPN I have found for my business uses, so why not install it on the router? After all the Astrill site says it is so, so, so, so  easy BUT..............[but the tiny print hides the fact that it only works on a peculiar type of router]

After weeks and weeks of trying, learning, following, studying, it is seems impossibly difficult

Options
2 Reply
Re:How can I "install VPN on DecoX60, Every site says it is easy, but it does not work
2024-03-11 12:08:13

@CraigBBB 

Hi, we can start with NordVPN and have you tried to use the instruction here:

How to set the NordVPN OpenVPN manually on Deco App

When configuring Deco as the VPN Client for NordVPN, the most important configuration is to find the NordVPN service credentials(the needed username and password on the Deco APP)

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:How can I "install VPN on DecoX60, Every site says it is easy, but it does not work
2024-03-11 17:33:13

@David-TP David, thank you for responding. This is all immensly frustrating. The reason I want to install Astrill is because this is the VPN service I pay a subscription to. I do not really want to add and pay another subscription. I have had subscriptions for Express and Nord in the past but they are not good enough for my business needs. Astrill is the one for me. Can I add Astrill to my Deco????

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 160

Replies: 2

Related Articles