PA211 Powersave mode effectivly makes devices "drop off|" the network.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-08-11 04:20:46
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PA211

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a V3, PA211 device, the one with the new "power save" mode. I have it connected directly to an IP camera to which I only require access once an hour or so, however, long before the hour is up the PA211 goes into power saver mode and the camera becomes unreachable.

Is there a way to disable the power save function or to "wake up" the device from traffic on the LAN side (rather than on the Ethernet RJ45 port). Power save is nice in some applications but here it makes my Powerline unusable.
Options
1 Reply
Re:PA211 Powersave mode effectivly makes devices "drop off|" the network.
2013-08-12 16:31:48
On the TP-LINK website, there is a tool that can disable the power save function.Here is the download link: http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/?model=TL-PA511&version=V1#tbl_b
I think all the tp-link powerline adapters can use this tool to disable the power save function.
Options