Problem with Wifi speed after software update on Deco P9 (WIFI MIMO problem?)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-25 02:10:41 - last edited 2024-02-25 18:04:12
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.5 Build 20231229

I have three Deco P9 V2 devices with the latest firmware version 1.1.5 Build 20231229 working in AP mode (the main Deco P9 is connected to the internet via a gigabit ethernet)

I checked the speed of mobile devices (my smartphones and tablets with WIFI MIMO support) connected via Wifi to the main Deco and I am not able to exceed the speed of 433mbps, although on smartphones it shows that the PHY speed is set at 866Mbps

When I connect the computer to the same main Deco P9 via an Ethernet cable, I achieve speeds of over 700mbps

I checked what speeds I get by connecting the same mobile devices via Wi-Fi to my router  (with MIMO suport) and I can easily get speeds of about 600mbps there!

I have the impression that this version of the software (maybe earlier too) does not allow the speed to exceed 433mbps, perhaps WIFI MIMO has stopped working on Deco P9 or something has changed in the software of Deco P9 devices in some update

I have no other problems with Deco P9

Please help, thank you

Pawel

Options
3 Reply
Re:Problem with Wifi speed after software update on Deco P9 (WIFI MIMO problem?)
2024-02-26 11:43:27 - last edited 2024-02-26 22:39:55

Today my mobile devices started reaching speeds of around 500mbps, I don't know what the problem was that it couldn't exceed 433mbps speed before....maybe too many wireless devices around?

But I still see that when I run a speedtest simultaneously on two mobile devices connected to the main Deco P9, the Wifi speed drops to half, so I am not sure whether MIMO works fully properly.

Tkank you

Options
Re:Problem with Wifi speed after software update on Deco P9 (WIFI MIMO problem?)
2024-02-27 08:06:52

@pawelb 

Hi, would you mind telling me how much 5GHz wireless speed you could get when the wireless link speed is 600m/s?

By the way, how much of your internet bandwidth?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-02-27 09:45:25 - last edited 2024-02-27 10:44:38

@David-TP 

I don't know if I understood you correctly?

When I connect a wireless device to my router it shows a PHY speed of 866mbps , I get speeds around 600mbps,
When I connect the same wireless devices to the main Deco P9, the speed is usually around 433mbps, max 470mbps

When I did a speed test of two wireless devices connected to main Deco P9 at the same time, the speed on both drops to about half (about 200mbps) therefore I don't know if the MIMO function works properly on Deco P9
My home internet speed is 1gbps

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 432

Replies: 3

Related Articles