Cannot Access Specific Websites sometimes on TP Link XC220G3v but getting ping responses.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cannot Access Specific Websites sometimes on TP Link XC220G3v but getting ping responses.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-09 04:54:54 - last edited 2024-03-21 04:32:45
Tags: #xc220g3v
Model: General Product  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.8.0 0.8.0 v6062.0 Build 230612 Rel.7402n

I bought this TP Link XC220 G3v ONU recently.

But the issue is, many websites are not opening in this ONU, they are getting timed out. I have tried these methods:

1. Changed the DNS in both LAN & WAN.
  2. Changed the MTU to optimal MTU by examining the MTU supported by my ISP.
  3. Disabled IPv6
  4. Upgraded the firmware from 1.7 to 1.8.

But still the issue persisted. And to clarify this issue happened only on particular IP addresses on this device only. I have Digisol DG6821AC ONU and with the same IP there is no issue. Another thing I noticed that when this is happening on IP A let's say 1.1.1.10 (NOTE one thing that at this time the website opens if I use a VPN and also without a VPN I get ping and traceroute responses seamlessly of the website which is not opening), then after several times of disconnecting & connecting the WAN interface, when that IP 1.1.1.10 is reassigned it had no problems (without VPN), the websites opened without and issues. Same IP first not opening later opening, only on this TP Link XC220G3v ONU.

Attached the Video of the issue.

ISP: BSNL

Please help me resolve this issue.

Similar Issues:
Can't reach specific websites - Home Network Community (tp-link.com)

Deco seems to be blocking some sites including one very specific IP? - Home Network Community (tp-link.com)

Update (12.02.2024): On restarting the ONU, there is this issue, the websites do not open but I can get ping and tracert responses from both PC and mobile. after restarting, if I disable and then re-enable the WAN PPPoE interface/connection (only this) I get assigned the same IP and this time the issue is gone.

File:
2024-02-11 14-27-50.mp4Download
Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot Access Specific Websites sometimes on TP Link XC220G3v but getting ping responses.
2024-02-22 07:06:02 - last edited 2024-03-21 04:32:45

@Archisman 

Hi, please contact your ISP or the local support team in your area for help, as this modem is for ISPs and we community don't have its related information.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 335

Replies: 1

Tags

xc220g3v
Related Articles