Not getting max wifi speed on Archer VR2100

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-06 22:32:59
Model: Archer VR2100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Supposed to be getting 1733 Mbps on 5 GHz.

Only getting:

I've moved it away from my subwoofer as it has a strong magnet. Maybe that was causing interference? Its up high and not obstructed by anything. Sitting on top of a tall boy. The only thing I can think of is maybe interference from neighbours?

That is the speed I'm getting on my Meta Quest 3. Its what's reported in the wifi settings.

There are no other devices connected to wifi. My computer is connected via ethernet from the modem. The NBN box is connected to the WAN/LAN port via ethernet.

I've done some reading and some people fixed the limited connection error by setting the clock manually on there. That was causing the 'limited connection' error for them. For some people it was set to get time automatically from the internet. I don't have it set to that. I've set it manually. And I've made the connection unmetered in the wifi settings.

Also I checked the time in the modem settings. I pressed get from computer. Not from the internet. So its set manually.

Would adding another antenna improve the speed or connection strength?

Options
7 Reply
Re:Not getting max wifi speed on Archer VR2100
2024-02-07 04:25:02

@Massacher 

Go through this FAQ Q2 and Q3. 733 mbps on 5 GHz is the theoretical maximum.

In reality because of a wireless connection nature (half-duplex), 866mbps bandwidth is normal.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-02-07 04:34:32

@terziyski 

Well that's false advertising. I should return it under that reasoning. 

So what you're saying is if I got another modem it would still only be 866Mbps?

Options
2024-02-07 05:11:21

@Massacher 

Here's a similar question asked and you can check the answer to that question in the next post.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-02-07 06:35:21

@terziyski 

Instead of listing the theoretical possible speed they should list the ACTUAL speed. I'm sick of half truths and double talk.

I've heard of boosting the speed with tinfoil. Is that even possible?

Options
2024-02-07 06:49:57 - last edited 2024-02-07 06:50:53

@Massacher 

The speed branding on the routers is an industry standard for all manufacturers.

Regarding tinfoil I must say I haven't tested that, but I'm quite skeptical about it.

Options
2024-02-07 23:31:30

@terziyski 

Yea I know its a standard. They need to update the standard to list ACTUAL speed instead of potential speed. It would make things a lot easier.

Options
2024-02-10 21:27:53

@Massacher Having speed issues with Archer VR2100. Supposed to get 1733 Mbps, but only getting around 300 Mbps. Tried minimizing interference, set clock manually, and connection is unmetered. Any ideas? Would adding another antenna help?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 810

Replies: 7

Related Articles