Wifi repeater that I can use to repeat my wireless home network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-12 13:13:22 - last edited 2024-01-31 08:17:05

Hello,

I am not sure which tp link router would help me in my case so I will try here. Please tell me which working mode/functionality should I search for.

I have my clients laptop which has VPN installed on it. When I connect to my home wireless network (fiber router from my service provider), I can successfully connect to vpn, but Internet and some tools are not working. But if I connect to my mobile hotspot, everything works as expected. Or, another example, my ex internet service was wireless to the home, and with that ex router, when connected to same vpn and same laptop, everything worked well.

Talked to my clients support, they said wifi repeater would help me in this case.

In other words, I do not need wifi extender, wifi range in my home is perfectlly fine, but setup of my home router is specific (and it can not be changed), so I need something that will make configuration of my home network different. My doubt is, when I search for repeater, all results are always wifi extenders. So I would advice of model that could help or exact name of working mode that can help in my case.

Thank you!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Wifi repeater that I can use to repeat my wireless home network-Solution
2024-01-22 08:16:53 - last edited 2024-01-31 08:17:05
Thanks for your answer. I managed to resolve my issue, my local store suggested me TL-MR3420. I decided to give it a try and bought it. Connected my ZTE ZXHN680L router to wan port of tplink, no special setup needed. Now Internet when connected to that VPN works without issues.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Wifi repeater that I can use to repeat my wireless home network
2024-01-12 13:53:37

@Kat89 

Why don't you ask your client support what kind of a wireless repeater they are suggesting to install in your network.

In terms of a wireless repeater this usually is a range extender, but you don't think you'll need that.

It also would be helpful to tell what make/model is your ISP modem/router and what kind of VPN you're using.

Based on your description you should check also if you get your public IP address on your ISP modem/router Internet port (your ISP can tell you if that's the case as well).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Wifi repeater that I can use to repeat my wireless home network-Solution
2024-01-22 08:16:53 - last edited 2024-01-31 08:17:05
Thanks for your answer. I managed to resolve my issue, my local store suggested me TL-MR3420. I decided to give it a try and bought it. Connected my ZTE ZXHN680L router to wan port of tplink, no special setup needed. Now Internet when connected to that VPN works without issues.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1079

Replies: 2

Related Articles