5ghz clients dissapear in tether app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-10 09:58:41
Model: Archer AX72  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 build 20230626 rel.36899

Tether app software 

Using a s22ultra latest software 

Hi guys can someone please explain this phenomenon I keep having with my tether app. 

I first noticed this before this tether app version and still on this version where I could be looking in my client list and I would go into a client  device page go back to the main client page and the whole 5ghz connected  device clients list would completely dissapear and would only show 2.4 and wired devices. 

There's no show or hide option it literally just dissapears but it still shows the devices are still connected to my network on main home page so I know they've not been disconnected from the network. 

I've also noticed if it didn't do that that way I could open then client list go out nothing happend, go onto the family profile page list then go back to the client list and it would have dissapered? 

This also happens if switch between apps like have the tether app open to get the software versions to fill in details for on here and it will dissapear aswell 🤷🏼‍♂️

It will only come back when I close the tether app and re load it back. 

Caption

Caption

Any idea whats going on?

its not a deal breaker for me just a annoyance as if I want to edit some details on a 5ghz device I then have to close the app and re open it 

Options
7 Reply
Re:5ghz clients dissapear in tether app
2024-01-10 16:56:53

@Basboi85 

Have you tried to delete the app cache ?

How to clear cache on Android devices:
  1. Go to the Settings app on your Android device.
  2. Scroll down and select “Apps” or “Applications.”
  3. Find the app for which you want to clear the cache and tap on it.
  4. Select “Storage” and then tap on “Clear cache.”

After that you can test if there's a difference.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-01-11 12:00:18
Not tried that but ill give it a try 👍🏻
Options
2024-01-23 18:52:24

@Basboi85 

And the tether app still gets funkier for me. 

Just changed over onto easymesh Sunday and had a nightmare with that ( see other post )

Just went onto tether app to check and it's still losing the 5ghz clients. 

I've now noticed this when going into the now easymesh page where its saying main, it's not even the same router that I have, I have the ax72 not sure exact model of the one in the pic but I think it's a 6000 series. 

I'm even getting doubling up of device names 

Showing on tether app satellites are named 

Open the satellite pages and I'm greeted by this ?

Go on to the main client list and let behold the 5ghz clients list has dissapeared even on the satellite client list when they eventually loaded 

Web gui shows the amount of clients aswell as the satellite names 

I then have to close the tether app completely then re open it then I get the 5ghz connected client back 

Then going through the connected client list on both satellite and main client list it starts showing the same client on 2ghz amd 5ghz 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️😮‍💨😮‍💨😮‍💨

Seriously this can't be right and there's definitely got to be a bug on the tether app 🤷🏼‍♂️

Options
2024-01-24 07:59:56

@Basboi85 

Hi, thanks a lot for the feedback, I've reported the issue to our senior engineers, they will run more tests and fix it accordingly via future App update.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-01-24 22:17:53

@Sunshine 

Hi sunshine I'm getting this aswell 

It's bringing this up alot as well where I will be on my client list and it will show the no online clients in the 2.4ghz drop down and in the 5ghz drop down, 

It's doing this in the satellite router clients list as well 

Options
2024-01-26 17:39:47 - last edited 2024-01-26 17:56:10

Hi sunshine Im having even more issues now

None of my family profiles are keeping there settings what profiles had kept there settings have now completely gone. All bedtime and off time hours, all blocked websites and filters have cleared themselves and they wont re save.

If i try and re enter them anymore than 3 times my whole network crashes and kicks everything off the wifi and lan access.

If i try and connect it comes up with connection failed multiple times even though my wifi devices are showing full wifi signal when searching for a network, I can even be stood next to all ax72 routers and it says the same thing. All the lights are green on my main and 2 satellites.

Only way i can get connected again is to power off all my ax72 for 10 mins then power on one by one in sequence and then i can get wifi and lan access again. Im paying for the homesheild and tbh im not getting what im paying for

I'm currently on

4.4.4 on tether app 

All 3x ax72 are 1.2.2 build 20230927 rel.58345

Currently using easy mesh and connected via ethernet 

Options
2024-01-27 09:41:25

@Sunshine 

Update as of 8am, 

I deleted 2 profiles in family section to see if I could create a new profile to see if the rules would stay and work on a new profile.   

When I selected delete on the 2nd profile my network crashed again and kicked everything off lan and wifi. 

Did the usual turned off main ax72 and turned off my top floor ax72 but left my man cave ax72 on (as i was being lazy to got to bottom of my garden and turn it off) ,

left again for about 10 mins then turned on the main let it reboot ect and had internet connection via lan and wifi again. 

I left my top floor ax72 off but in the mean time I created a new family profile and set some basic rules which had stayed even after going between the different pages on the tether app and closing the app fully then re opening it numerous times. Happy days. 

By 8:45 ish I turned back on the top floor ax72 and booted up as it should. 

Checked the tether app again to make sure as above and all the setting was saved still on the test profile. Happy days 

Went to another family profile and all the previous settings that I had set ref all the cut off times, blocked websites and filters was all there on all the profiles that i hadn't deleted. 

Kept going between all the pages on the tether app aswell as closing and re opening the app numerous times. 

All the family profiles have still kept all there settings so far. 

I'm still getting the devices doubling up in the connected client lists on the main and satellites, and the symbol saying no connected devices between connected clients which I can l live with as the parental control issue seems to have somehow sorted itself after doing the above. 

I'll continue to monitor and update you of any changes 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 676

Replies: 7

Related Articles