connecting Deco M5 home network to PoE cable from Main Deco extended to garden room

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

connecting Deco M5 home network to PoE cable from Main Deco extended to garden room

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-14 16:15:08 - last edited 2023-12-18 10:01:59
Tags: #garden
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.7.3

i have a Deco M5 wifi network at home which i would like to extend to my garden cabin. i have a PoE Data cable from the house all the way to the cabin. 

my question is.. if i connect the PoE Data cable to one the main home Deco, will i be able to place a Deco in the garden cabin, connected to the other end of the PoE Data cable and get data? How will i setup this Garden cabin Deco?

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:connecting Deco M5 home network to PoE cable from Main Deco extended to garden room-Solution
2023-12-15 08:54:10 - last edited 2023-12-18 10:01:59

@2muchsauce 

Hi, welcome to the community.

The PoE cable is just the normal Ethernet cable. For the non-POE devices, it will only transfer the network data.

If one side of the cable is to Garden Deco, do you plan to connect the other end directly to the main Deco M5 or a network switch?

Here are more details about Ethernet Backhaul on Deco:

General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

Thank you very much and best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:connecting Deco M5 home network to PoE cable from Main Deco extended to garden room-Solution
2023-12-15 08:54:10 - last edited 2023-12-18 10:01:59

@2muchsauce 

Hi, welcome to the community.

The PoE cable is just the normal Ethernet cable. For the non-POE devices, it will only transfer the network data.

If one side of the cable is to Garden Deco, do you plan to connect the other end directly to the main Deco M5 or a network switch?

Here are more details about Ethernet Backhaul on Deco:

General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

Thank you very much and best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:connecting Deco M5 home network to PoE cable from Main Deco extended to garden room
2023-12-15 10:34:39

@David-TP The other end goes directly into the main Deco in my house.

Options
Re:connecting Deco M5 home network to PoE cable from Main Deco extended to garden room
2023-12-15 10:37:17

@2muchsauce 

Thank you and it should be able to create the Ethernet Backhaul between the Decos.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 459

Replies: 3

Tags

garden
Related Articles