TP-Link Mesh Routers stopped working on Dec 2nd, 2023 - solid red LED

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-07 00:03:40 - last edited 2023-12-07 00:08:55
Model: Deco X60   Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have mulitple TP Link Mesh Routers working at different locations.

On December 2nd, 2023 at approximately 4pm PST, All of them stopped working with a hard red led.

I tried factory resetting them to no avail.  I can set up the routers (flashing blue LED, but they will turn solid red since they do not receive a connection from the modem)  I ended up using a 10-year old Linksys router to use with my Cable modem and it (unsurprisingly) worked.

I spent the next couple days trying it again at a different location with different modem.  No luck.

I then decided to hook up the mesh routers, via AP mode, to the Linksys router.  Finally it started working and it's been a while since I got the solid green LED.

I got a firmware update notification.  I updated the firmware quickly.

This then got me to think.  I changed back the mesh router back to WiFi-Router mode + reset it and re-attached my modem to it.

Surprisingly, this time it worked.  I am now resetting all of my mesh routers into AP mode, so I can do the FW update.

-------

TP Link Company --  you should not be disabling your routers due to old firmware.  What terrible practice.  I'm glad my 10-year old Linksys is still working.  

My next mesh router company will not be TP Link, (or Asus for that matter)

Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-Link Mesh Routers stopped working on Dec 2nd, 2023 - solid red LED
2023-12-08 12:36:30

@--drop_table 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback. I will keep monitoring if there will be similar feedback later.

Personally, I think it might be a coincidence. Normally the old firmware will miss some new features and security updates and it should not stop the internet service.

Keeping the firmware updated is a precautionary measure taken to address potential security vulnerabilities or performance issues associated with outdated firmware. By doing so, it helps ensure a safer and more reliable user experience. It's our priority to prioritize user security and provide optimal service performance.

Thanks again and best regards.

Options
Re:TP-Link Mesh Routers stopped working on Dec 2nd, 2023 - solid red LED
2023-12-09 09:22:01

@--drop_table 

You have mulitple Decos working at different locations. 

Does that mean that each location has its own connection to Internet, its own modem?

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 317

Replies: 2

Related Articles