create a local offline mesh network using deco without connecting to main router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

create a local offline mesh network using deco without connecting to main router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-03 15:51:16

Hello, i need to create offline local network using two or more mesh routers without the need to connect to main ISP router (because i dont need internet access) what product model will help me in that? 

because i see most product needs to connect to main router to start working.

Options
3 Reply
Re:create a local offline mesh network using deco without connecting to main router
2023-12-05 11:09:05

@abdoh 

Hi, Welcome to the community.

If you use Deco Mesh system, you will have to get interent access.

So Archer routers will be a good alternative. And if you need a Mesh system, you could consider Archer EasyMesh router+EasyMesh extenders.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/easymesh/

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:create a local offline mesh network using deco without connecting to main router
2023-12-07 10:40:04

@David-TP  Hi

thanks for your reply, i really need an outdoor capable router.

are all archer routers suitable as offline network or specific models ?

Options
2023-12-07 11:53:07

Before purchasing any specific model, it's recommended to check the product specifications and user manuals to ensure that the mesh router system you choose supports the mode you need (bridge or access point mode) and can operate without an internet connection. Keep in mind that specific features and modes can vary between different models and firmware versions.

Options