Can I daisy chain my M4 devices rather than hub and spoke?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-30 16:15:03
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.8

My mesh set up is limited by the primary M4 being in ine corner of the house.  The next one is 8 metres away in a hallway, with the final M4 untended for a bedroom a further 4 metres beyond that.  The third device can't connect to the primary, presumably because there's a bathroom in the way, making that three walls to penetrate.  The house is 7 years old so nothing special in it's construction.  If I could daisy chain the devices from 1 to 2 and then 2 to 3 it would surely solve the issue.  The set up doesn't seem to allow this, or have I missed something? 
The obvious but less desirable solution is to run an ethernet cable to a more central point, but that goes against the while point.

can anyone help please, or suggest an alternative.

Many thanks

PH

Options
2 Reply
Re:Can I daisy chain my M4 devices rather than hub and spoke?
2023-11-30 16:35:08

@PH99 When you do the setup of a Deco network, you define the main Deco, the attribute of the network, then you add satellite Decos to the network.

The Deco will automatically chose the most appropriate setup.  Hence your Deco 3, after being setup into the network, should automatically connect to Deco2 if Deco 1 is totally unreachable from Deco 3.

If Deco 3 is in the same room as Deco 2, does it connect to Deco 1?

Is a device in room 3 able to connect via wifi to the Deco network?  To which Deco?

Options
Re:Can I daisy chain my M4 devices rather than hub and spoke?
2023-11-30 17:43:21

@yves_b Thanks for the swift response.  I disconnected number 3 and tried again in it's intended position.  It went Red, like before, but I was distracted and left it for a while.  When I returned, it was White and connected.  Not sure which of the others it linked to, but that doesn't really matter.  
I woukd say though, that the non Deco devices can pick up the normal BT router with ease.

Anyway, it's all working (fir now), so thank you very much for your help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 557

Replies: 2

Related Articles