Tether Parental Control not allowing me access to Profiles

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-24 16:10:00
Model: Archer AX95  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20230620 rel.40495(4341)

I can no longer access my parental control profiles. I had them all setup, then this morning nothing shows up in there. Every time I go to that section of the app I just get a notification at the top that says "fail". I tried local and remote connections for the app, same issue. I could not add more time to anyone's internet and after a hour of trying to access I had to reset to factory defaults. I know my fireware version is out of date, before the reset I had it set to auto update, but I turned it off as I assume it auto updated and screwed everything up. I also do not want to login to the app with my TPlink user as I assume this will try to reapply the profiles that I no longer have access to, which would cause the internet to be blocked again.

Is there an actual solution to losing access to profiles? If not I will be requesting a refund of my subscription to parental controls as it is useless in its current state.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tether Parental Control not allowing me access to Profiles
2023-11-27 06:38:54

@edge691 

Hi, do you mean the parental control profiles cannot be accessed after the router updated to latest firmware automatically?

According to the release note the latest firmware, it contains important updates for HomeShield Pro and parental control feature, please make sure you are using the latest version Tether App as well.

Besides, since you have factory reset the router, the previous configurations should have been cleared, you could login the Tether App again with your TP-Link ID and check if there is any parental control profiles, if indeed no any profiles now, you could create new profiles to see if everything works fine.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 579

Replies: 1

Related Articles