Deco Router Mode and ISP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco Router Mode and ISP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco Router Mode and ISP
Deco Router Mode and ISP
2023-11-21 08:47:56
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V8
Firmware Version: Don't know

Can the Deco in router mode act as the ISP router/modem.

I have sky and want to ditch their supplied router/modem. 

The reason is that when the Deco is behind the ISP router in Router mode, I can't access the skyQ recordings on the sky app. I have to put Deco into AP mode.

The only way I can get around this is when  Deco is in Router mode I have to sign onto the sky network to access recordings via the sky app. Don't want to keep changing wifi networks. 

Is there a way around this keeping Deco in Router mode. Is this maybe a double NAT issue.

Many thanks.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco Router Mode and ISP
2023-11-24 08:05:40

@Bedders 

Hi, Thank you very much for your feedback.

I think the previous issue---can't access the skyQ recordings on the sky app, is due to the double NAT.

Deco XE75 could completely replace the Sky router as long as the internet output is Ethernet/RJ45 interface.

Best regards.

Options
2023-11-24 10:40:26

@David-TP I you sure it can act as a Isp router modem?

In answer to your question its RJ11 both ends. However I can make up a new lead with RJ11 one end and RJ45 the other. 

Options
2023-11-24 13:53:37

@Bedders If it is RJ11, your ISP modem is probably a DSL modem.  Your Deco XE75 cannot replace a DSL modem.

Options