WiFi Connectivity Issue with Laptop - Need Help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-20 11:44:39
Tags: #laptop

Hey everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm reaching out to the community because I'm currently facing an issue with my TP-Link WiFi connection on my laptop, and I'm hoping some tech-savvy individuals here can lend a hand.

My TP-Link router has been working flawlessly with all my devices except my laptop. For some reason, I can't seem to establish a stable connection. The laptop recognizes the WiFi network, but when I try to connect, it either takes forever or gives me an error message.

Things I've Tried:

1. Restarting Router and Laptop: I've tried the classic troubleshooting step of restarting both the router and my laptop multiple times. Unfortunately, it hasn't resolved the issue.

2. Forgetting and Reconnecting: I've also tried forgetting the network on my laptop and then reconnecting from scratch. Still no luck.

3. Checking Network Password: I've made sure the password is correct and even changed it to see if that would make a difference. Unfortunately, it didn't.

Laptop Details:

• Make/Model: HP Pavilion 15-ab123cy
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • WiFi Adapter: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165

Router Details:

• TP-Link Router Model: Archer C7
  • Firmware Version: 3.16.2 Build 170304 Rel.38974

Request for Assistance: If anyone has experienced a similar issue or has expertise in troubleshooting WiFi problems, I would greatly appreciate your help. Are there specific settings on TP-Link routers that might be causing this? Any tips or step-by-step guides would be immensely helpful.

Thank you in advance for your assistance! I'm eager to get my laptop back online.

Best regards,

Charlie

Options
2 Reply
Re:WiFi Connectivity Issue with Laptop - Need Help
2023-11-20 12:30:00

@charliekthrn 

Here are some additional troubleshooting steps which you may try as well.

On the bottom sticker should be noted which HW version and FW region is the device - details.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:WiFi Connectivity Issue with Laptop - Need Help
2023-11-23 15:36:32

Wondering to know whether your issue resolve with this trouble shooting or not as sometimes I also get the same issue , I do online work with Write It Right firm and this issue mess up my whole work and cause delay in providing my services which is not acceptable. Please help!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 445

Replies: 2

Tags

laptop
Related Articles