Archer AX72 Performance Difference Between Speed Test and iPerf3 Test

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-19 23:20:06
Model: Archer AX72  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2

Hello all

So I bought the Archer AX72, put my ISP modem in bridge mode and deactivated all broadcasting of any WiFi signal from it. So my AX72 is fully operating as the router for my house. This changed completely the performance of my wireless network and now it is much better in all aspects.

I have a 500 Mbps connection from my ISP and since the beginning I was able to get this speed (even a little bit more) wirelessly from the AX72, by using Speed Test on my cellphone. The transfer speed rocketed instantly to the max. Using iPerf3 with a server connected on cable, I was able to get between 600 to 700 Mbps quite consistently from my cellphone.

About a month passed and I tested with Speed Test again under the same conditions, and I'm getting about 470 Mbps, and no more than it, and the transfer speed doesn't rocket to the max anymore as it did before. Using Speed Test from my desktop PC connected on cable still gets me 500+ Mbps consistently. With iPerf3, also under same conditions still gives me between 600 to 700 Mbps consistently.

What could be the reasons why I'm getting a slower speed on Speed Test wirelessly in comparison to my initial tests after installing the AX72? The only difference that I can think of are the firmware update from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2, and the fact that I cleaned the antennas from the dust it collected.

Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 358

Replies: 0

Related Articles