Need to get WIFI to carage, 50m from the main house

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-17 09:02:13 - last edited 2023-11-17 09:15:50
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Can't find..

Sorry, I'm an amateur trying to fix my WIFI issues myself and probly using wrong terms.. I have an outdoor router, which was linked to 3 deco E4R(EU) Ver:1.0 units. With that set-up the WIFI in the main house (wooden house, 1 floor, 200 m2) works well, but doesn't reach to the carage, which is a separate building about 50 meters from the main house. I bought a new deco X50 and plugged it in carage. My app suggested to change it as the main unit as it's newer or something. I accepted the suggestion and after that I lost the WIFI in total. I took the deco X50 indoors; plugged it in but still no WIFI. I got the WIFI back after I plugged the cable from the router to the X50.

Any suggestions how to proceed? Is my deco E4 system dated? Can I link my X50 directly to the outdoor router without a cable (I think not)? The outdoor router is closer to the carage than the deco E4 units indoors - should I get another booster and link it directly to the router? Is it possible that the in door deco system will not be able to link to tha carage because it's too far?

I need the WIFI in carage to control the car charging.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 191

Replies: 0

Related Articles