Problem resetting the Deco E4 and entering tplinkwifi.net

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-24 14:05:19 - last edited 2023-10-25 07:16:34
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.4 Build 20211101 Rel.75384

I have purchase a 3-pack Deco E4 recently and the hardware version is V2, it is quite difficult to reset them and sometimes took me over a few minutes to keep on pressing the reset button for it to reset eventually.  I have tried holding the button from 1 second to over 10 seconds, but still cannot find any reliable way to reset the Deco.  I wonder whether this is normal for this product or my units are defective.  Also does the Deco E4 still support entering the setup page through entering tplinkwifi.net in the web browser?  The usual TPLink default password, admin, is not able to log in and there is no password information in the manual.  The tplinkwifi.net page only allows 10 password retries and what'll happen after it all fail, will it cause the Deco to shutdown and prevent all further access?   Does TPlink only allow using the Deco APP to set up the units and obsolete the tplinkwifi.net approach?

Thanks,

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Problem resetting the Deco E4 and entering tplinkwifi.net-Solution
2023-10-24 19:31:06 - last edited 2023-10-25 07:16:34

@shmcheng 

You will need Deco app to do set up and to configure Deco mesh. There is no web interface for Deco mesh set up and configuration.

See How do I set up my Deco?

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Problem resetting the Deco E4 and entering tplinkwifi.net-Solution
2023-10-24 19:31:06 - last edited 2023-10-25 07:16:34

@shmcheng 

You will need Deco app to do set up and to configure Deco mesh. There is no web interface for Deco mesh set up and configuration.

See How do I set up my Deco?

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 639

Replies: 1

Related Articles