Common Application Scenarios of SFP+ Interface

17 Reply
Re:Common Application Scenarios of SFP+ Interface
2023-12-29 08:20:27 - last edited 2023-12-29 08:21:54

Mahapurush wrote

@Sunshine 

I just updated to V1.1.3 firmware released for BE900

All the problems remain.

The ethernet backhaul link speed says 2.4Gbps. However, it is actually the link speed for 2x2 Wifi6/6e. So what is it? It should be 2.5Gbps. However, I get 200-300 Mbps speed when connected to node in easy mesh. If I leave the node as pure access point, I get 700-800 Mbps.

Also, easy mesh is completely busted with 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz-1 are the only bands that form a mesh. The 5Ghz-2 and 6Ghz bands don't form easy mesh on the node and they appear as default TP-Link names with default security. It also creates a Hidden Network which is visible on Windows PC with Intel BE200 wifi 7 chip and also from a laptop having Qualcomm QCNCM865 wifi 7 chip.

I believe that TP-Link BE900 is not even a Wifi7 router at this moment. It is just a glorified Wifi6e device and overpriced at that. My iPad Pro M2 and iPhone 15 Pro Max can't even see 6Ghz band. However they see the 6Ghz band on BE800 and connect just fine.

SFP port still at 1G speed when a 2.5G SFP GPON stick is used.

4 months to update practically nothing. Makes me believe the theory that this BE900 is a lost cause and TP-Link has already moved on to newer hardware.

@Mahapurush 

Hi, could you please share with us screenshots of the Ethernet backhaul and its link speed?

When using EasyMesh WiFi backhaul, it is normal that only 2.4G and 5G-1 can be used as backhaul, 5G-2 and 6G WiFi don't support to work as backhual yet and we have reported it to development team to support it in the future.

Regarding the speedtest results when using Ethernet Backhaul, please test both wired and wireless connections to the satellite BE900, and also provide wired connection speed of the main BE900 for comparison.

In addition, regarding the SFP 1G speed issue, our senior engineer is asking for debug firmware and will continue to follow up your case via email.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-12-29 15:23:56 - last edited 2023-12-29 15:25:43

@Sunshine 

Here is the screenshot of Ethernet Link speed. Where it says 2.4Gbps wired.

Here is a reply from official TP-Link USA support regarding backhaul and 6Ghz mesh

Options
2024-01-04 10:56:32

@Sunshine 

After installing the debug firmware sent via email and passing the debug commands from previous page, I am happy to report that both ODI DFP-34X-2C2 and Lu Leey 2.5G GPON sticks work correctly at 2.5Gbps Full Duplex speeds in my BE900. I hope this fix is implemented in the next official firmware and there is not need to pass debug commands.

Options
2024-01-04 11:40:52

@Mahapurush 

Hi, thanks a lot for the update.

With the debug firmware, if you use Ethernet Backhaul between the two BE900 routers, will the Ethernet Backhaul link speed still shows 2.4Gbps and internet speed from the satellite router is still 200-300Mbps?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-01-04 12:04:22 - last edited 2024-01-04 12:11:13

@Sunshine 

Yes. Still same 2.4Gbps backhaul speed. So I cannot confirm if it is a cosmetic error on Web GUI.

Download speed reaches 1040 Mbps but upload speed is poor. Around 300 Mbps. Same issue on iPhone 15 Pro Max, Intel BE200 and Qualcomm QCNCM865.

Options
2024-01-06 05:21:58

@Sunshine 

My friend pointed me here to tell TP-Link how to fix upload speed issue for GPON SFPs

https://github.com/Anime4000/RTL960x/issues/235#issuecomment-1878263773

Options
2024-01-08 03:36:07

@Mahapurush 

Thank you very much for the update, glad to hear that you've solved the upload speed issue of satellite router, I have forwarded those information to our senior engineer as well.

Options