AX1500 Wi-Fi 6 Router issues with 5Ghz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-13 15:54:46
Tags: #5 GHz
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.9 Build 20230728 Rel. 45716(4555)

Hello

I have quite big and annoying issue with AX1500 router, which is only happening on 5GHz speed.

I bought this router for Meta Quest 2 PC connection and it was working fine for almost a year before this issue started to occur. Now I cannot connect to 5GHz network altough I can see it.

I have tried with 2 different deviced and similar pattern occurs, I was able to connect fine one time but all recurring attemts it cannot establish connection.

Is there any solution for this or has my router "crack" under pressure and decide not to work properly any more.

For info, 2,4GHz network is working fine.

Thanks for any feedback on this issue and for possible options how to fix this

Options
4 Reply
Re:AX1500 Wi-Fi 6 Router issues with 5Ghz
2023-10-14 01:48:13
Options
2023-10-16 06:08:39

@M0rph3u5 

Hi, what is the error message when you try to connect the 5GHz WiFi?

Please try to change the 5G WiFi channel from Auto to a static one such as channel 36, 40 etc., also try to change the 5G WiFi name and password to see if it makes any difference.

In addition, except for the AX1500 router, do you have any range extender or access point within the same network?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-10-16 10:26:58

@Sunshine No error, just keep "looping" connecting before giving up and not being able to establish connection.

I tried many things, changing SSID name, security requirements,... not much has changed until I changed mode to "802.11a/n/ac mised" and set Channel width to 20 MHz. WIth this it worked twice for sure, and with these setting I see the wifi with wifi analyzer app on my phone. But for Meta quest 80 MHz should be set, so now I have this set.

Testing if this settings will be working.

Still I find it weird that it was working for liek 6 months for sure. Then I was quite busy and was able to connect with Quest after about 6 months and it started to behave weird. And only 5GHz network, 2,4GHz has been working fine all this time.

Options
2023-10-17 01:57:42

@M0rph3u5 

Hi, may I know if the 5G WiFi is still working with the current settings?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options