PX50 unit frequently goes offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-08 09:21:59
Model: Deco PX50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

I have 4 PX50 units distributed between different floors of the house. Main unit is very stable, but satellite units are going offline sporadically and frequently. All units are using PLC and Wi-Fi to connect to main unit. The topology of network is constantly changing. Is that event relevant?

For the moment I'm trying to relocate units, but how I can troubleshoot it better? What can be a reason for such instability?

Options
3 Reply
Re:PX50 unit frequently goes offline
2023-10-09 03:43:23

@Mr_S 

Hi, nice to see you again.

Did you use any powerline adapters before upgrading to Deco PX50? If yes, were you able to have a stable powerline connection?

I saw the other post that you had a 3-pack PX50 before buying 2 more units so I was wondering before adding the 4th PX50, were you having a similar issue with the original kit?

Would always the farthest PX50, like the unit on the 4th floor drop out a lot?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-10-29 10:31:26

@David-TP 

Thank you for your quick reply, and I am sorry for the delayed reaction.

I was using TP-link powerline adapters in the past. It was not always smooth in the most remote rooms, but units were online. Currently, the most remote room is almost constantly offline. The network is changing topology constantly. Is there a way to analyze the problem? Any configuration options that would allow me to tune?

Options
2023-11-05 11:11:11

@David-TP Any ideas?

Options