Why I am not getting repeater mode option for my archer Archer c50 router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-02 14:12:38
Model: Archer C50  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

I am trying to setup my archer C50 router as repeater for extending my coverage at home. I am from India and use Airtel Xtreme fiber, so the main router is installed by the service provider (ZTE) which I can't replace but only can use extender option. For some reason when I use 192.168.0.1 I see only 2 options.

1. Wireless router

2. Access point

In some videos 3rd option is also there which is what I am looking for, Ranger extender.

How to get that option enabled?

Options
6 Reply
Re:Why I am not getting repeater mode option for my archer Archer c50 router
2023-10-02 18:48:06 - last edited 2023-10-02 19:22:37

@Mayuresh 

In HW v6 of C50 there is an operaton mode 'range extender'.

Make sure that you are with the latest FW for your C50 HW v4.

You should have the WDS feature implemented (which could be used for the same purpose):

Here's a guide on configuring WDS.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-10-03 03:46:26

I'm stuck with ZTE as my service provider; switching is out of the question. When I type in 192.168.0.1, I only get two choices.

Options
2023-10-05 12:25:50

@terziyski 

I tried this solution that I believe you have posted on some other thread. Issue is when I configure the the router, it needs to pick the source network from which it is going to extend the network, a typical extend network option, but it fails to establish that. Anything I am missing?

Do you or anyone on this forum knows how to upgrade framework from V4 to V6?

Options
2023-10-05 15:36:04

@Mayuresh 

If you've followed the guide I posted, you should be able to configure the WDS feature unless in case of the disclaimer:

"

WDS may be incompatible between different products (even occasionally from the same vendor) since the IEEE 802.11-1999 standard does not define how to construct any such implementations or how stations interact to arrange for exchanging frames of this format.-----From Wikipedia

"

If you want to have HW v6 of C50 you should buy a new C50 device - that's the only way to do that.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-10-05 15:54:07 - last edited 2023-10-05 15:55:00

@terziyski 

I did try your solution. But can you share how it works to connect to parent network which the repeater needs to extend? Once the C50 is setup it needs to work as wireless repeater and not wired one.

Options
2023-10-05 16:18:14

@Mayuresh 

Yes, that's what WDS does - https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/227/ - converts C50 into a wireless repeater.

Open this link and follow the guide - in your case your ZTE is your "root router" and the C50 is your "extended router", which connects wirelessly to the root router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1167

Replies: 6

Related Articles