powerline adaptor reverting to old router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-28 09:10:57
Model: TL-WPA7617 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I recently changed my broadband provider. I managed (thanks to help of the community) to resent my powerline extenders to see the new router.

However, I am finding that the one I use the most will randomly forget the new router, and revert back to the old one. I can reset the adapter, of course, but it is annoying to need to do this - it would be nice to find a way for it to remember the new router!

Any help is very welcome - however, I am a completely Tech Numpty, so please use simple language!! :)

All the best,

Melissa

Options
1 Reply
Re:powerline adaptor reverting to old router
2023-09-28 17:09:26 - last edited 2023-09-28 17:12:16

Meswartz71 wrote

However, I am finding that the one I use the most will randomly forget the new router, and revert back to the old one.

@Meswartz71 

Hi,

It would be helpful if you could make it a bit clearer what you mean by the above.

I assume the old router is powered off and stowed away someplace, right? So it would be impossible for the TL-WPA7617 to actually reconnect to the old router in any way.

Do you perhaps mean that the name of the Wi-Fi network of the TL-WPA7617 is changing?

When the TL-WPA7617 "forgets the new router", are you then still able to connect to the Internet via the TL-WPA7617 or not?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 337

Replies: 1

Related Articles