Deco X50-5G loses internet connection

Deco X50-5G loses internet connection

62 Reply
Re:Deco X50-5G loses internet connection
2024-07-22 19:53:52 - last edited 2024-07-23 08:32:35

@Osz if it was the router then how does my second wifi network connected to the router not cut out? The older deco network is flawless, it's only the new decos that have the issue. I used my old ones for years without a reboot and they still continue to work without rebooting the router. I see a lot of people in here have 5G sim routers so I was trying to see if the issue was happening for anybody with fibre or cable internet. Is it a flaw in newer decos that they don't work with 5G routers.

I'll try it and see although I'll have to go with 6am so i don't interrupt my EV charge. I went into the setting and see I had it rebooting weekly, so i've changed to daily now.

EDIT: no improvement. connection dropped at 7:14 am and about 8:30 am for a couple of mins each time, even though the the router reset at 6am and no issues with my other wifi connected to the same router at these times.

Did anybody have any joy fixing the issue? or is it just down to faulty decos?

Options
2024-07-23 09:19:16

@chrisofthewhite 

I'm honestly struggling to understand the setup you have.

Is it a double NAT? ZTE device for internet access -> Deco for Wifi...

Do you have any alternative to 5G - as in two modems, not routers; or is the ZTE device the only Modem you have?

It's natural to not work at first. It needs to create a sort of pattern.

If you have, in HA, the ping to google's dns for a while, you could check if there's any pattern in history before - like losing connection at approximally 12:00 or 16:20, and so on...

Options
2024-07-23 09:39:29
Thanks for reply. I have a 4g router that I could trial as a modem. So I got a new deco system and connected to the ZTE router, but tthe network wasn't stable and my wife's work laptop kept cutting out and my EV charger was missing charges. So i set up a second deco system also connected to the ZTE modem (there are two ports on the router) the second one now goes to a deco m4 which provides a seperate stable internet connection, a diferent deco mesh, a different wifi newtork. This Wifi connection is stable and never cuts off. If the new decos don't work with 5G and the old ones do then there was no point to the upgrade for me, I'm better off with the older system and a 5G network. That's why i was wondering if this is a probelm on all 5G routeers, as I saw all the comments were indicating this.
Options
2024-08-02 16:54:23 - last edited 2024-08-02 17:11:38

Guys, I noticed that the FW update from Apr 2024 resulted in persistent 100% CPU load and frequent  disconnections of the wifi as short as a few minutes interval. So I did a hard reset of the main x50-5g and also DEC-M4 (also known as X50) satellite router followed up with a new configuration with the Deco mobile app. Login again with default IP and found the CPU usage is back to normal which is fluctuating between 23% on idle to 55%. I suspect the frequent disconnections are more or less can be attributed to the high cpu load. Note that prior to the factory reset,  my attempt of setting up daily reboot schedule did not help, so you can forget about it. Really frustrating experience as I thought this FW almost bricked the router.

Options
2024-08-02 17:08:30

@Joe6516 did the hard reset downgrade the firmware? I might try this over the weekend. I'm still waiting on my remote session with tp look support, I had to postpone as they are in Hong Kong time and I was unable to work from home the past couple of weeks.... Getting frequent drops to internet connect and unable to transfer files a lot of the time. Daily router reset was no help for me either.

Options
2024-08-02 17:23:50 - last edited 2024-08-03 06:04:54

Nope. I have confirmed with the browser login 192.168.68.1 that the FW remains up to date, showing Apr2024. I did try to roll back to an earlier version but to no avail. I would recommend you first to perform a factory reset of the router and new setup, which should not be a hassle. Just reuse same SSID.

Options
2024-08-02 18:15:43

@Joe6516 Thanks i'll let you know how it goes, still can't use my new deco system for anything important as it drops internet about 7 or 8 times a day. Glad i didn't sell the old ones straight away! 

Options
2024-08-03 05:54:55

@chrisofthewhite Great to hear that you have an old router on hand. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the next firmware update push can resolve this issue indefinitely, not making it worse.

Options
2024-08-05 20:24:53

@Joe6516 Tried factory reset but no joy for me, interent still disconnected and I was unable to transfer files wirelessly.

At least it's more troubleshooting complete before the remote session on Thursday. 

Have to figure out how to install the debug firmware now they sent me as the deco doesn't let you downgrade firmware and it's seeing this firmware as a downgrade, have sent an email explaining that so I'll see what happens.

Options
2024-08-06 03:21:55

@Joe6516 

Hi, Deco X50-5G supports the 5G bridge mode. Have you tried to set Deco X50-5G as a bridge modem, and then create a new Mesh network using Deco X50_V1.3_1.2.6 as the main Deco?

Thank you and best regards.

Options

Tags

Network Connectivity
Connectivity error
Related Articles