Device not found in Tether App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-21 03:11:35

Hi,

I recently purchased a TP-Link AC1750 wifi extender. I set the device up using the Tether app and it has been online and working for a few days. I have a few devices connected to it as well.

Today I opened the tether app and it is not showing up under my devices. I refresh but it's not there however, the extended wifi network still shows up and I'm connected to it on my phone, all the lights on the device are solid as well. I did try to connect a new device to the wifi network and it just keeps trying to connect to no avail, but the original devices I connected a few days ago have no issue.

Does anyone know what the issue might be or how to fix this.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Device not found in Tether App
2023-09-26 02:02:51

@Zooter39 you may check if your phone is connected to the WIFI signal of AC1750 rather than that of the front-end router. You can disconnect the WIFI first and move your phone close to the AC1750, to connect to the WIFI extender, then check the Tether APP again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1227

Replies: 1

Related Articles