archer vr1600 slow wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

archer vr1600 slow wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
archer vr1600 slow wifi
archer vr1600 slow wifi
2023-09-11 01:10:29
Model: Archer VR1600v  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

We have a Archer1600v and when connecting devices direct (ethernet), we basically max out our fibre speed (300)

When connecting via wifi, the speed is at best 20! This is standing right next to the router and trying different devices too.

From other threads, it looks like disable QOS might fix it, but under Advanced in the GUI, there is no option to disable this. Anyone have any ideas on how to resolve the very slow wifi speed. 

I have also tried switching channels etc.

Options
3 Reply
Re:archer vr1600 slow wifi
2023-09-12 10:47:41 - last edited 2023-09-12 10:48:20

@SteakandMince 

Hi, what client devices were you using to test the wireless speed? and were you on 2.4GHz or 5GHz WiFi?

You could follow this guide to check wireless link rate on the client device, also make sure only one device is connected at that moment.

How to check the associated/link speed on a wireless client

Options
2023-09-12 20:38:30

@QRene I've tried both 2.4 and 5 as well as different channels.

I've used a windows PC and a iPhone via Speedtest to test the speed.

On the laptop, when ethernet in, i will get 300. Switching to wifi drops it to 15-20 (similar on the iPhone)

Options
2023-09-13 07:33:25

@SteakandMince 

Hi, the wireless speed can be affected a lot by the environment, could you please check the wireless link speed between the router and client device?

Usually iPhone doesn't show it, you could check it on android phone or laptop.

How to check the associated/link speed on a wireless client

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 417

Replies: 3

Related Articles