Deco 5 AccessPoint with Calix Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-08 18:42:05
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 2.5.9

Hello,

I recently was able to access broadband but ISP is only allowing use of their provided router. I previoulsy used my Deco 5 system as the router but now switched it to AP mode as my coverage area need is 3800 sq ft. I am receiving 500 mbps download to ISP Calix router but cannot get any near that with the deco router so i think I may have set something up wrong. I have 4 routers and I am also struggling with the routers connecting to the closest router as some are going back to main router which is further away. Any help is appreciated. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco 5 AccessPoint with Calix Router
2023-09-08 20:09:59 - last edited 2023-09-08 21:36:38

@Kathyh 

When you have to use an ISP router it's better to set Deco in AP mode as you did to avoid the double NAT in your LAN.

Now what I've understood from your post is that you need to use the Deco signal source selection for the devieces in your LAN.

These are the Deco models that support this feature and here is how to configure it.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-09-08 20:55:06

@terziyski thank you for the response. My app is updated but I do not have that feature that allows me to choose a connection preference. 

Options
2023-09-08 21:37:54 - last edited 2023-09-08 21:45:17

@Kathyh 

If your Deco units are not amongst the models (or they are not updated to the latest FW release) in the thread I posted earlier, then you won't have it.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 648

Replies: 3

Related Articles