Ethernet Dropping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Ethernet Dropping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Ethernet Dropping
Ethernet Dropping
2023-08-29 07:22:35
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 20221208 rel.45145(4555)

Hi,

I recently bought a TP Link Archer AX6000 and have my laptop and other devices directly connected to the unit (Ethernet). Today I experienced continuous drop outs. I tried another port on the unit and it worked for a while but then the Ethernet connection dropped. It is definitely NOT the cable because I never had any issues with the previous router. Wireless is working fine without any problems. I did a search on Google and noticed that many people are experiencing similar problem. The threads however are fairly old. Is this still an issue?

Thank you

Options
2 Reply
Re:Ethernet Dropping
2023-08-29 08:50:27

@Rubensds68 

Hi, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.
1. When the issue happens, will the Ethernet connection still be detected? such as the wired computer still shows Ethernet cable connected and LAN LED on the router is still on or not?
2. How long does the Ethernet conenction drop? and if you connect two wired clients to the router, will they drop at the same time or one at a time?
3. Please connect the same wired device to your ISP modem directly with the same Ethernet cable and then monitor for some time to see if there is any similar issue.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Ethernet Dropping
2023-08-29 11:15:29

Hi,

The laptop shows no LAN connection and if I hover the mouse over the icon it says no Internet connection. The LED lights on the network port of the laptop are on; green LED lights permanently ON and the amber light flickering. The LED lights on the router are also on. I did not time for how long the connection was off but after a while it came back on and then dropped again. That is when I tried another LAN port on the router and it connected for a while and then the connection dropped again. I must also highlight that all other devices connected directly to the LAN ports on the router stopped connecting, for example I have a solar panel and inverter setup and I could not connect to the unit from the app on my mobile phone. Similarly, I have a NAS devie for my music and movie library and was not able to connect to the unit.

I have rebooted the router and up to now, the laptop computer Ethernet connection has stayed on without dropping.

Thank you

Rubens

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 578

Replies: 2

Related Articles