Votes

Powerline VDSL filter option

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-24 09:57:38 - last edited 2023-08-24 09:59:03
Tags: #Access Point Mode #vdsl filter
Model: Deco PX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Would be nice to have the option to filter out the use of VDSL frequencies on the powerline side of things as I've been reading other power line adapters support this and there can be interference between VDSL and powerline and I have lost some sync speed since I started using the PX50.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Powerline VDSL filter option
2023-08-25 10:08:21

@Alexmesh 

Hi, do you mean the Lower PLC-to-VDSL mode mentioned here:

What does Lower PLC-to-VDSL interference Mode do on powerline adapters?

On the HomePlug AV adapters, it will reduce the interference in circuits via disabling MIMO mode, so it may reduce the data transfer rate and this mode is disabled by default. It is usually used when the Powerline quality is poor and unstable. In other words, with this enabled, you might lose more sync speed.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Powerline VDSL filter option
2023-08-25 11:31:49 - last edited 2023-08-25 11:49:21

@David-TP Will this be coming to the PX50? By sync speed I'm talking about the speed the ISP router connects to the local connection cabinet vs the link speed between the PX50's. My internet isn't fast anyway (less than 30mbps) so the extra link speed between the mesh system isn't always worth it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 571

Replies: 2

Voters 2

Tags

Access Point Mode
vdsl filter