Deco XE75 port 1 no longer working

Deco XE75 port 1 no longer working

61 Reply
Re:Deco XE75 port 1 no longer working
2024-08-12 01:22:59

@kitsun 

@LinkDecoXE75 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

I think you could email the local technical support to see whether they can upgrade the model to a different version.

Thanks again and best regards.

Options
2024-08-12 19:39:03

@AGMV Same with me after troubleshooting all night last night, I isolated it to port #1 on my XE75. extremely frustrating to deal with. 

Options
2024-08-16 16:58:52

Just wasted a couple hours to figure out my Deco XE75 V1.0 port 1 stopped working.

How is this even possible?

I've never experienced an ethernet port failure in any device I've used in my life.

I hope the other ports survive for a few more years, but this is unacceptable.

And yes I did try to update the firmware, but this is probably a hardware issue.

I guess my next network upgrade will be with another brand.

Options
2024-08-17 00:12:07
@david-TP It seems this is a widespread issue for Version 1 of XE75. Why does it seem like nobody in TP-Link is doing something about it.
Options
2024-08-20 11:42:41

I also have the port 1 failing on two different units. The ports failed months apart and i can luckly workaround the problem using a switch.

However because the 2nd unit now also failed, i am afraid the 3rd one will fail too. Looking at all the reported problems in this and other threads clearly this looks like an hardware issue and TP Link should help fix this asap? I am with a 3 year warrantee (retailer) so can i just swap the units for working ones? How do report this ? Seriously doubting to continue with the TP Link infrastructure because of this.

Hardware version EU / 1.0 and now latest firmware (port 1 on each unit failed randomly and not related to any update)

Bought the 3 unit set in May 2023 

Options
2024-08-21 04:54:51

Hi guys as mentioned in my earlier post. I have raised the issue for Tp link to exchange the defective unit but no feedback from them directly. I recently removed all my tp link units and moved over to Ubiquiti. All I can tell you they is no comparison. Best part not once have I had to raise a issue with technical department as everything just works perfectly. 

Options
3 weeks ago

Well, here comes another confirmation.

Yesterday my Hue Bridge stopped working and I started troubleshooting. I saw DHCP discovers coming from the Bridge, my DHCP server sent back offers, but then no DHCP requests came in. This was driving me crazy and I did quite lengthy troubleshooting including switching the DHCP server (well, now at least I got used to Kea), cause as I saw packets coming from the bridge, I did not assume a hardware issue.

Long story short, the bridge was connected to ETH port 1 of my main Deco. Switching to another port finally solved the problem after some hours of trial and error. As I used all ports of that Deco, I even attached a hub to bundle two devices on port two now. No issue. For sure I unfortunately had the idea of googling for reports of a faulty ethernet port on a Deco not before it turned out it is a faulty ethernet port.

@David-TP 

I do not know what testing is done at TP-Link, but seeing that there are packets coming from that port but just don't seem to be accepted when arriving at that port (at least in my case), I wonder if it really is a hardware issue or if there still is a chance to get that fixed by some firmware update.

Best

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@FairlaneKL 

My findings are similar (here and here). I also believe it can be fixed by firmware, but only response I can get is to try RMA... I hope they take your input seriously. @David-TP, it would be great to get a technical explanation if a fix is not possible with a firmware update.

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

Same falure  (port 1 is dead in one of the XE75 nodes) for me, noticed that some parts of the network dident work after some troubleshooting did i manage to get the node up using another port.

Using the latest  firmware  1.4.1 Build 20240722 Rel. 60491

Hardware version: 1

Any reports of issues on hardware version 2?

@David-TP, If this issue is related to hardware version 1, I strongly suggest that TP-LINK consider a recall. This would ensure that TP-LINK maintains its customer base and avoids dissatisfaction among those who have invested in these products.

I look forward to TP-LINK addressing this concern and doing the right thing.

Options
a week ago

@Snappe 

I swapped the units with the retailer i bought it from. Everything is now working again. Because i received the new units before i sent back the faulty ones I could do a complete replace keeping my current configuration without restoring a backup by swapping the units one by one and switching the main deco unit in the end.

Unfortunately I received Hardware version EU / 1.0 so if the problem comes back i will report in this topic.

Options

Tags

Related Articles