5.0GHz suddenly stops working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-18 23:17:24
Tags: #Wi-Fi 5GHz
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3 Build 20230603 rel.46473(4555)

Hi people. I have been having some issues lately with my router. It seems that at a specific time at night(did happened 2 times this month already) the wifi 5ghz suddenly stops working and all devices that uses that they get disconnected while the 2.4 still works and no red lights showing up on either the modem or the router. In Tether up while running TR/S nothing comes up as an issue. After rebooting the router the issue is resolved. Anyone had similar issues

Options
3 Reply
Re:5.0GHz suddenly stops working
2023-08-22 07:42:44

@Chris_Sol93b 

Hello, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

When the issue happens, are you still able to detect the 5GHz WiFi signal? or you could detect it but fails to reconnect? is there any error message when you try to reconnect the 5GHz WiFi?

Please try to change the 5G WiFi channel and channel width on Advanced->Wireless->Wireless Settings page to see if it helps.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-08-22 11:44:57

Hi @Sunshine 

Thanks for the reply. So when the issue happens the 5.0 GHZ signal disappears completely. I've confirmed it by checking all devices connected which were 3  devices only at that time. What i 've done was to disable the 5.0 GHZ and enable it but that was not resolving the issue. I haven't tried to change the channels but only by rebooting the router the 5.0 GHZ started to work 

Options
2023-08-24 03:32:38

@Chris_Sol93b 

Hi, please try to change the 5G channel to 36 and channel width 80MHz, then monitor if the 5G WiFi will disappear again.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 917

Replies: 3

Tags

Wi-Fi 5GHz
Related Articles