Ubuntu 22.04 LTS can't connect to TP-link router, repeatedly asks for authentication

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Ubuntu 22.04 LTS can't connect to TP-link router, repeatedly asks for authentication

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-28 08:11:54
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6

I just bought my first Ubuntu laptop, and everything works fine, except the fact that I can't connect to the TP-link network as it keeps asking for authentication even though I provided the correct password. I can connect to other networks fine, and also other devices can connect easily to the TP-link network. I have tried multiple suggested solutions online, such as using iwd instead of awp (whatever that means), but this broke my network settings completely, and setting the ipv4 addresses manually, but this did not work either. Initially the firmware version was 1.1.0, so I updated to the most recent version, but this did nothing to solve this problem. As I am fairly new to Ubuntu, I do not really know what to do. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Ubuntu 22.04 LTS can't connect to TP-link router, repeatedly asks for authentication
2023-07-31 07:51:27

@OwenV 

Not very sure about Ubuntu laptop, but some Windows computer will ask for PIN instead of network security key(wireless password) when connecting to a WiFi network, usually there is another option to connect via security key. 

You could check again if the Ubuntu laptop is asking for wireless password or other kind of authentication.

Options