Issue with m5 deco and hbo max app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-22 22:32:36 - last edited 2023-07-22 22:47:10
Tags: #Hbomax
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.7.1 Build 20230608 Rel. 74023

Hi,

I have a deco m5 and I cannot use the hbo max app with it. I know it's the deco because when I use it with other wifi modems it works.

Does anyone had this issue?

Thanks in advance

Options
4 Reply
Re:Issue with m5 deco and hbo max app
2023-07-23 07:57:01

@Gllambi What do you mean by "when I use it with other Wi-Fi modems it works"? Does another router gets you HBO Max (with the same modem), or changing the modem works?

Is the issue happening across devices? (phone, TV, PC browser etc.)

Also, if you're in the US; HBO Max is changed to "Max" 2 months ago. You need to download the Max app.

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2023-07-23 13:48:26

@ImtiazAli thanks for the answer

When I use change the wifi router it works.

It happens only with the app and the m5 deco. I use the app on another phone and happens the same. It does not work with the m5 but works with another router.

Maybe is some configuration of the m5 that's filtering something.

I live in Uruguay so I have to use the hbo max app

Options
2023-07-31 08:52:00

@Gllambi I should've asked this before: how exactly "it doesn't work"? Does the app show an error (with an specific error code), or the app just crashes?

Also, I'm assuming you don't have this issue on PC or TV?

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2023-10-10 17:53:45

@ImtiazAli 

I have similar issue. Also eg Swift keyboards gif input does not find any gifs. 😅 

So something in Deco (I have M3's) is filtering/blocking API calls.

At the moment the hbo max app (I live in Europe) does not work on Google TV with Chromecast neither on my Google Pixel 7 pro. All the other streaming apps work just fine. Also Hbo works on wired connection on my TV. And if I turn off wifi on my phone and use just LTE. I have tried to switch off all the smart features and trying to locate the problem. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 468

Replies: 4

Tags

Hbomax
Related Articles