TP Link Deco X20 AX1800 disconnecting all the time, and a total reinstall is needed.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP Link Deco X20 AX1800 disconnecting all the time, and a total reinstall is needed.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-07 19:21:13 - last edited 2023-07-07 19:58:13
Model: Deco X20-4G  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20230209 Rel. 6153

I have no idea what hardware version this has because I cannot easily find it, which is bad! But since this is completely new I will assume it is the latest.

Have read on the Internet that this is a common problem. Not only does it disconnect and turn red all the time, but it then needs to be reset and reinstalled again. Extremely frustrating! 
I have worked as a network technician so it is not because of my technical skills. 
Even when the led light is solid green, it does not work. 
A product like this should be able to lose contact with the 4G signal, and get back up and running when the signal returns.

We do not have a weak signal as I get 40 Mbps when it is connected. But, even if it loses contact, it should automatically search for signal and when it finds it again, it should turn green and work again without a reset or reboot!

Options
3 Reply
Re:TP Link Deco X20 AX1800 disconnecting all the time, and a total reinstall is needed.
2023-07-08 14:08:49
Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
Re:TP Link Deco X20 AX1800 disconnecting all the time, and a total reinstall is needed.
2023-07-08 18:42:36

@ImtiazAli Thank you! I did perform the software update and it has been stable now for around 24 hours, so hopefully it is solved. If the problem comes back I will be returning it.

Options
2023-08-21 18:16:57

@SeanL999 Have had this product for a couple months now and it is a constant problem. Every time I lose contact with Internet I have to redo everything, and rebooting will not work at first. Extremely frustrating.

The same thing happens every time I remove the sim card or unplug the device and then put the sim back or plug it back in. This product does not seem to have a memory, although it keeps the old network name. I have to reboot (takes several tries as it does not work with just a few (really BAD!) and then I have to create the network all over again.
This is either extremely bad design or a bad unit. I will be returning mine and buying something else.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 543

Replies: 3

Related Articles