Votes

[AC1200 Deco M4] No option to Limit bandwidth on Guest Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-01 01:01:29
Tags: #deco m4
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.9 build 20200119 Rel. 75362

Deco App v3.4.6

Feature request:

Guest Network Bandwidth Control

- To control the guest network bandwidth. It can help us gain control on our network.

- Without this feature on the app, Guest can be  able to utilized full speed of my network, it will affect the main network speed and what is the point of having the feature of guest network, if we don't have bandwidth control.

Please update the app and make us gain more controls on our network. Thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:[AC1200 Deco M4] No option to Limit bandwidth on Guest Network
2023-07-03 05:12:09

@reku I agree, i sent the support a post on Sep 2022 and still no update for limiting a device or guest network's bandwidth, which makes the guests able to use the internet more than the host. Its very fru

Options
2023-07-03 12:06:50

@sobayorg 

Hi, though it is not able to limit the bandwidth per device, you are able to limit the bandwidth of the whole guest network:

How to set up a Guest Network for Deco

@reku , I see your current firmware is 1.1.9 build 20200119 which is a customized version for the local service provider PLDT. For the ISP-customized firmware, any modifications need to be approved by the ISP first. If possible, It is suggested you could submit feedback to the internet service provider as well.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-08-29 02:13:09

@David-TP 

Do you happen to know if the bandwidth limitation option will be available for a deco X20 in the future, or do I need to upgrade my main deco to a better model?

Options

Information

Helpful: 7

Views: 1058

Replies: 3

Voters 5

+ 1 Voters

Tags

deco m4