Instable wifi with TP-Link TL-WPA7617 kit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-25 09:31:09
Tags: #Wi-Fi Move #Powerline
Model: TL-WPA7617 KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.10 Build 220701 Rel.65093n (6985)

Hello,

I have my TL-PA7017P adapter connected to the electricity socket and via an ethernet cable directly to the modem. My TL-WPA7617 is connected to another socket, on the other side of the house. All the relevant LEDs are connected, i.e., ON, WI-FI and the POWERLINE.

The signal I get at about 5 meters from the second device is spotty. At 2.4 GHz, my download speed on the laptop I'm using was 10 MBps and upload speed was 9MBps. It does not have a 5 GHz antenna. However we all have iPhones and experience the same spotty connection at the two frequencies.

Is there any way I can enhance the signal?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Instable wifi with TP-Link TL-WPA7617 kit
2023-06-26 10:53:13

@Blulaptop 

Hi, you mean the wireless connection will disconnect completely, or it is still connected but no internet access?

Please try to change Wi-Fi channel and channel width on the extender web interface to see if the connection will be more stable.

By the way, if possible, please connect a computer to the powerline extender by Ethernet cable to see if the Ethernet connection always works fine.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Instable wifi with TP-Link TL-WPA7617 kit
2023-06-27 13:40:14

@Sunshine 

Thank you for your message.

Most of the time I keep having signal, but no internet connection.

I was having a lot of problems using my VPN, to the point where the solution found was to disconnect the ethernet cable between the router and the powerline. It works fine for a while, until I completely lose internet and need to connect back the cable.

I will try with another cable from the extender to my laptop to see what happens. I will hold off on changing any channels, as I'm not an expert and most likely will lose internet for good : (

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 663

Replies: 2

Tags

Wi-Fi Move
Powerline
Related Articles