Unable to update 3rd party firmware - Sky/Seethelight

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-03 03:20:06
Tags: #OneMesh #Firmware Update #Sky/Seethelight
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.0.0.9 v604d.0 Build 220127 Ref.4220n

I have acquired an AX10 router that has clearly been supplied as part of a broadband package from Sky/Seethelight. I have attempted a number of times to update the firmware, in the hope of taking advantage of OneMesh - I have an RE450. However, no matter how I carry out the firmware download, the firmware remains the same version.

Please assist.

Thank-you

Options
4 Reply
Re:Unable to update 3rd party firmware - Sky/Seethelight
2023-06-05 06:26:55

@Hurlej02 

Hello, is the current firmware still the original firmware when you got it? and do you mean there is no OneMesh function on this router?

Please share with us a picture of the label on the router itself.

In addition, may I know which firmware you've tried to update? The firmware available on official website?

And do you see any new firmware available on the Online Upgrade part on the router web interface?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-06-05 22:46:58

@Sunshine 

The firmware is the original, I haven't updated it.

Label on the bottom of the unit, see attachment.

I Have attempted to download the v1 section firmware, all available on the TP-Link website fail

​​​THere is no available firmware to select when I'm logged into the router.

Options
2023-06-06 07:37:11

@Hurlej02 

Hello, based on the product label, the model number is EX220-G2u(GBBUUK) V1, which is a customized model for ISP only, that is why it cannot update Archer AX10 firmware.

For ISP customized models, please contact your ISP to see if there is any newer firmware or other questions.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-10-13 17:29:07

@Hurlej02 did you ever manage to sort this via sky/seethe light? I am now currently having the same problem ! 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1037

Replies: 4

Tags

OneMesh Firmware Update
Sky/Seethelight
Related Articles