WIFI Crashes since I installes a second paire of AV2000 powerline adapters

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-17 22:32:46
Model: TL-PA9020P KIT  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

I purchased a couple of powerline adapters to fix dead spots in my wifi, a few months back and everything was great. I was very satisfied with the product.

This week, a added 2 more powerline adapters. It worked fine for a couple of hours until my internet crashed. I restarted my Google Wifi and it worked fine for a couple of hours more. It crashed again and this time, my router wouldn't detect the modem. After discussing with my ISP, I found out that the modem was working fine (I could connect directly to my computer). I then did a factory reset on my router and 2 wifi points and got the wifi and powerline back running... for 2 hours.

Wifi works great when the powerline adapters aren't being used.

NOTES: The powerline adapter isn't plugged into the same outlet as the modem or router. 
Router is a technicolour is a TC4400-AM.

Does anyone have recommendations on how to fix this issue.

Cheers.

Options
4 Reply
Re:WIFI Crashes since I installes a second paire of AV2000 powerline adapters
2023-05-18 06:13:54 - last edited 2023-05-18 06:14:09

@FJ749 

When the issue happens, you mean your modem still works fine but the router Wi-Fi and two Access Points Wi-Fi are all not connected but no internet access?

How about connecting a computer to the router via Ethernet cable?

In addition, the TL-PA9020P KIT has no Wi-Fi function, so in theory, it will not cause Wi-Fi interference to your existing Wi-Fi, if the router wired connection is always working fine, only Wi-Fi is affected, please try to change Wi-Fi channel on your router to see if it helps.

In addition, please also try to unplug the two new powerline adapter and monitor for longer time to see if the router WiFi will be stable.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-05-19 17:36:19 - last edited 2023-05-20 02:42:42

@Sunshine 

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to provide help.

Yes, that's exactly the situation, my router went down but my modem still worked. I was able to link it to my computer directly with an ethernet cable.

I'll try changing the channel...

Also, I replugged 2 powerline adapters (PA) and they seem to be working fine with no adverse effects. I'll wait a few hours and install another and repeat.

I'll write back tomorrow.

////Follow up. After installing the third PA, my WiFi router crashed approximately one hour after... I had to reboot the router to make it work. The funny thing is that the 3rd PA isn't in the same room as my WIFI points...

@Sunshine you mentioned changing the channel. I checked online and Google WiFi doesn't let you. It changes channels automatically to another channel when it's less in use than the other. Sadly, unless I find a solution, I think I'm going to bring them back to the store... 

Options
2023-05-22 08:52:07 - last edited 2023-05-22 09:15:58

@FJ749 

Hi, is the router Wi-Fi always working fine if you plug in only two PAs, no matter it is the first pair or second pair? Which could help us confirm if it is a specific PA issue or not.

And please also try different locations to see if it is the specific wall socket/location issue.

By the way, when you add the 3 or 4 PA, there is still only one PA connected to your router, all the other PAs are located in other room to connect wired client devices, right?

If you connect two PAs to the router at the same time and the two PAs are also paired with each other, there will be a network loop and cause the router not working. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-05-23 03:09:13

@Sunshine 

Hi.

I thought of that and tested them separately. It wasn't a problem with the new PA.

I also tried other locations and there was no issue either.

I only had I PA connected to a router. The others weren't connected to wifi points. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 651

Replies: 4

Related Articles