Powerline speed is slower than transmition speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-29 14:58:19
Model: TL-PA8010P KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: V3

My speeds are slower than transmission speeds, the below speed is what I am getting with them plugged in.

When it was plugged into the router they were about anywhere from 700mbps to 900 mbps.

I've looked on the utility tool and can see that the transmission speed is about 800mbps both ways.

I don't know if it's something I have done. I understand there will be some loss of speed but a quarter is not what I was expecting. They are both plugged directly into the socket,  I can't test them plugged into sockets next to each other due to my setup. I've swapped ethernet cables just in case this was the issue, both using CAT7. Any advce is welcome.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Powerline speed is slower than transmition speeds
2023-05-05 03:20:34

@MacLawrence37 

Hi, according to the powerline rate between the two powerline adapters, the actual internet speed seems to be normal as the actual internet speed is usually around 30% of the powerline rate (the actual conversion rate depends on the electric wiring system).

For more information about the powerline rate and actual speed, please refer to: 

Explanation about the Powerline Rate and Actual speed of the Powerline Adapters

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 429

Replies: 1

Related Articles