Archer C6 v2.0 EU bricked

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-05 17:04:02
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: EU

Hello all,

I have an Archer C6 v.2.0 EU version for almost 3 years and untill now it was working perfectly. Today I lost the wifi connection and when I checked the device, the only LED on the device that was ON was the Power LED.

So I tried to turn it off via button and after turning off and on again all the LEDs turn on for like 1 second and then every LED shuts off except the Power LED.

Nothing has helped till now, I have tried the Power On-Off button, unplugged the device for like 10 minutes, tried the Reset Button pressed for 10 - 30 seconds as well.

I can not connect to the device via FTP cable that is plugged to orange or blue slot via 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.1 and also not via http://tplinkwifi.net.

The device after turning off and on again flashes only all LEDs for one second, and then the Power LED stays ON. 

Can someone please help me with this device what can be the problem and how to solve it?

Thank you in advance

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C6 v2.0 EU bricked
2023-03-06 10:34:19

@JayTSVK 

Hi,

You could try the TFTP firmware recovery to check if you can bring it back:

How to recover the router when it bricked

If this doesn't help either, I guess it's time to buy a new router.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-03-08 10:45:55 - last edited 2023-03-08 10:54:11

Hi @Liverpool20 ,

Thank you, I have done the steps from your link but the router is not available for connection.

I have also tried the TFTPd program that I found via google with the oldest stock firmware found for my Archer C6 V2 EU, and also with the newer ones and the update process keeps crashing when the progress bar reaches cca 50 percent. I use 1Gbps switch in the middle, I will try to get 100Mbps switch and try it with that one. But I think when the TFTPd process starts and runs till 50 perc, it is not a switch related issue that keeps it crashing.

Is there any other solution that I could try? Other Software then the stock one? I have also a USB flash chip programmer available that I used to flash Bios on a bricked older PC motherboard.

I have also Raspberry Pi4 available...

I have ordered already an Archer C80 but I want to try to bring my old Archer C6 back to life...

Thank you

Options
2023-03-28 12:34:53 - last edited 2023-03-29 06:55:06

Hi @Liverpool20 and all,

I got now a 100Mbps switch in between and I have managed to upload a OpenWRT via TFTP to this router, now it seems to be working as I can connect to 192.168.1.1 and login to OpenWRT system configuration interface. 

Nevertheless I would like to upload the original TP Link software and have this router as a backup (as I have already the Archer C80 at home) but somehow this is not working for me.

I have tried all possible TP Link firmware that I have found and tried to connect to 192.168.0.1. I started with the oldest stock firmware available on the official TP Link Archer C6 V2 EU page, and continued with never ones. None of them was working, I have also tried some versions from the threads where people were facing similar issues with this router, and the only result is that it will brick again.

I have also tried to upload the original stock firmware via the OpenWRT Interface in the System section, this bricked the router as well.

The only software that I can upload via TFTP and is working is the OpenWRT 22.03.3 Version. It is a shame that the stock firmware is not working in my router, but the OpenWRT upload runs like a charm.

Anyone has any ideas how to upload the TP Link software to my Archer C6 V2 EU, and get it working again?

Maybe @Kevin_Z, do you have any recommendation how to proceed further? Maybe a link for the TP Link software that I could try to install via TFTP?

Thank you all

Options
2023-03-30 10:43:59

@JayTSVK 

Glad to see you got it working with OpenWRT software. Why not just keep it? As I learned that OpenWRT software may allow you to use more features that TP-Link software doesn't give you.

But if you still want to upgrade and install the TP-Link firmware, I would suggest contacting their tech support to be advised further.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1175

Replies: 4

Related Articles