DOS Verified BY ISP Need Help buying / Securing TP link router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-02 23:15:47 - last edited 2023-03-02 23:42:34

This DOS story starts in 2022. For those not interested please skip to the "Choosing Router" part of this post. For those intereseted here goes...

In mid 2022 I started getting disconnects while in meetings and while gaming. The disconnects would last for less than a second and would register as "LAN disconnected" followed by an immediate reconnect. My first port of call was my ISP. I got a new router, new cables and but this only bought me 3/4 days before the disconnected started again. The disconnects where so persistent that I had to go back into the office to attend meetings despite the fact that my enitre office was empty...

I found out that this was an attack from my neghbour via his wife. On the day she left him while arguing she turned to me and said "He's ****-ing with your internet." On that day I realized my disconnects were malicious. I told my ISP, it took them a while to ID the attack. Apparently their focus is major outages so my diconnects and immediate reconnects are of low priority to them. However, I can put their router into modem mode and use a more secure router which brings me here.

And for anyone wondering about the motive behind the attack... My neighbour hasn't feared so well since the start of covid. I was forced to speak to him in 2022 for safety concerns. My wife believes he blames me for making things public. Despite being as tactile and polite as a person should and can be.

Choosing A Router

What I'm looking for is as follows.

1. A router with enhanced security wich protects against DOS attacks

2. The ability to turn of my wifi and us LAN cables for internet connection indefinately. Ensuring that I don't have to broadcast a WIFI signal

3. Monitoring which can ID attacks

4. Additional security features which will help sure up my router security

Advice here will enable myself and my wife to work from home. It will also allow my kids and I to game and more importantly put a stop to this cowardly act.

To my surprise the police need my ISP to present the case to them. My ISP, as I've already mentioned doesn't seem to care but will investigate if I can provide them with more details on the intrusion. So I'm in a loop where I have to be the one to take action.

Please advise TP community. I really need it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 191

Replies: 0

Related Articles