Router lights

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Router lights

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Router lights
Router lights
2023-02-21 13:22:17
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

When the main deco is connected to my router is it normal for all router lights to be off?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Router lights
2023-02-21 14:38:28

@Rickyboy 

Are you asking about ISP Router lights or Deco M5 LED light at the top of the Deco unit?

Options
2023-02-21 16:00:55

@Alexandre. My bad I had the LED setting off in the router admin page.

Still can't understand why mesh downloads are in the Kbs rather than Mb though! 

Options
2023-02-21 16:41:58

@Rickyboy 

If you are getting this from Deco app, you may be looking at current network utilization instead of maximum bandwidth.

Options
2023-06-04 18:16:10

@Rickyboy 

It is not uncommon for the lights on your router to be off when the main Deco unit is connected. In the Deco M5 system, the main Deco unit essentially takes over the routing functions, while your existing router acts as a modem only. As a result, the lights on your router may not be active or illuminated.

The main Deco unit handles the network management, wireless  scooter connectivity, and other functions, so you should primarily focus on the status lights on the Deco M5 units themselves to monitor the network's health and connectivity. These lights indicate the status of the mesh network and connected devices.

If you're experiencing any issues with your network or have concerns about the connectivity, it's recommended to refer to the status lights on the Deco units and consult the Deco M5's user manual or the manufacturer's support documentation for specific troubleshooting steps.

Remember, in the Deco M5 system, the main Deco unit replaces the router's role, which may explain why the lights on your router are off when connected to the main Deco unit.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 589

Replies: 4

Related Articles