Deco M5 Speed is different from device speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-20 21:40:05
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.5 Build 20230110

I am getting only 2mbps to 70mbps from the connected devices while when I use the speed test function in the deco app I am getting the normal speed from ISP which is 700mbps. This has been happening for almost a week. not sure if this is related to the firmware update since I updated the firmware last week.

Options
7 Reply
Re:Deco M5 Speed is different from device speed
2023-02-21 06:46:14

@pulsered Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

Have you checked the QOS settings on the Deco M5 to make sure it has been set up correctly or disabled?

Did you get 2-70m/s on most of the mobile clients? Are they connected to the 2.4ghz or 5ghz of Deco M5?

Please go to Deco APP> Wi-Fi Settings>Advanced>Band>5Ghz only, then check the speed again on the devices.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-02-23 17:00:23

@David-TP Hi

The QOS is set to standard and the bandwidth is set to 1000 for both upload and download.

Yes, all the clients connected are only getting this speed.

The devices are connected in both 2.4 and 5 ghz. and having the same speed.

Options
2023-03-02 15:10:01

@David-TP any update on the isseut that I am getting. The speed is almost unusable. I had to revert to a previous version of the firmware just to get a faster speed. Even using the old firm ware I am only getting upto 150mbps instead of the 500 to 700mbps that I am getting when I am connected to the my ISP provided router

Options
2023-03-03 01:32:31

@pulsered 

Hi, Thank you very much for the notification.

Here are some suggestions for your reference:

• Since there is already an ISP modem router, please temporarily change Deco into Access Point mode to see whether the speed would be improved:

How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

• Then if Access Point did not help, in case the current main Deco might be broken, please change a different Deco as the main Deco:

How to Setup the Satellite Deco to be the Main Deco

• Please also replace the internet cable between the ISP modem and the main Deco

In the meanwhile, could you please help me check the following details:

1. Would rebooting the main Deco temporarily restore the internet speed?

2. Can I have some speed test screenshots on the devices when they are connected to the main Deco M5?

Thank you again.

Best regards.  

Options
2023-03-06 17:44:34

@David-TP 

I have tried changing to access point mode, but what it did was kick me out of my wifi connection every few seconds. Luckily I was able to switch back to WiFi router mode.

I have also tried changing the cables and even cleaned the ports.

Rebooting all the deco does not fix the issue.

the screenshots below are acquired while the deco is in wifi router mode.

here is the screenshot of when I am connected to the main deco(5G)

here is the screenshot of the speed test from the app

Options
2023-03-07 06:37:44

@pulsered 

Hi, I see the 5ghz link speed here on the laptop when it is connected to 5ghz of Deco, is only 121m/s, but the actual speed-test is about 185m/s which does not sound right.

Have you checked the 5ghz link speed when the laptop is connected to the ISP-provided router?

If possible, it is also suggested to update the wireless driver on this laptop to get rid of the influence on an outdated driver.

Have you even tested the wireless speed on another mobile clients?

And I see there are 5*Deco M5 in the Mesh system, if temporarily unplugging the 4 satellite Deco units, are you able to get a proper speed from the main Deco?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-04-12 14:43:29

@David-TP 

The slow internet issue is happening on all the devices that we are using. Apologies for the delay in reply. I have tried to ask my isp to replace my modem thinking that it could be causing the issue. But after they have replaced it I am still having the same problem with all oir devices

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 389

Replies: 7

Related Articles