Deco chooses wireless instead of wired ethernet

Deco chooses wireless instead of wired ethernet

17 Reply
Re:Deco chooses wireless instead of wired ethernet
2023-10-24 23:46:22 - last edited 2023-10-24 23:48:26

@hrdd 

The symptoms may be the same, but the cause could be different. Do you have anything else other that Satellite Decos hardwired to the switch? If yes, what is it: PC, Smart TV, etc. For me to help you troubleshoot the issue you will need to have device hardwired to the switch that can be used to check its Internet access. If you do, I'll tell you what will the next step be.

Also, it would help if you provide more details: network diagram or Show Map and Show List screenshots from the app, Deco model(s), switch brand name and model name.

Options
2024-01-25 21:50:37 - last edited 2024-01-26 06:49:15

@Alexandre. 

I have a bit of different issue. I have a Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X and 5 DECOs S7 connected to it wired - 3 ( living, bedroom, office) direct and 2 via switch (garage, garage2). However they all show as Wireless connected and sometimes some show wired connected.

Before the EdgeRouter I used a Cisco Router RV082 with the same topology and all were showing connected as wired.

Could it be the issue is due to some filtering or FW in the EdgeRouter ?

Options
2024-05-31 13:26:01

@hrdd same problem for me, no matter how I reset it or change new cable. Tplink deco just sucks. Not user-friendly at all. Their FAQ doesn't even help at all no matter how you see it there is no technical or hand-on guide. There will always be one deco that's f**k-ed and decide to connect to wireless instead of directly to the Ethernet. Best solution is dont use Deco.

Options
2024-05-31 13:36:37

@Gnap I am so done

Options
2024-07-02 19:11:46

@Alexandre. 

I have the same problem.

I just installed 3 deco ax 1500 this morning in all 3 levels of my house. The first one is next to the router connected to it in the middle floor. The second one is in the uppder floor and the last one in the first floot.

No matter what I do, either the second or third one connects through Wifi instead of Ethernet despite both of them being connected by cable. The only thing I know is different and don't know how to fix is both of them connect to the router through a switch.

Does someone know how to fix this issue?

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

OK, I'm having the same Issue. They were all showing wired for a while, might have been while setting up before moving it to the garage, when I've tested between my desktop connected to the switch in the house to the server on the other switch across the fiber optic drop be the house and the garage across the yard it works fine. iperf3 always shows great throughput (~950 Mbits/sec Up&down), ping is average of 0ms with max of 2ms (fairly sure wi-fi would not be that low).  I feel that I should be able to log into the web interface on the problematic device and set it's preferred, or even forced, back-haul connection.

Network is like this:..

ONT

|

Router

|

POE Switch ------------------

|                                           \

X50-PoE (PoE)                   X50-PoE (PoE/Main)

|

switch --------------------------

Fiber converter to fiber        desktop

|

Fiber converter to copper

|

switch  --------------------------

X50-PoE (AC)                     server

UPDATE: reading more of the linked data, it looks like maybe one of the switches between the 2 X50-POEs is preventing the needed traffic from passing through. Tomorrow I'll go back the the garage and change that side to be like below and see if that helps.

fiber converter to copper

|

X50-POE (AC)

|

switch

|

server

Options
2 weeks ago

@Scr33ch 

Did it help?

Iam having the same issue. Last week i bought the X50 3-pack and a X50-Outdoor (PoE).

At initial setup everything was working correctly and they were all showing wired. Now the X50-outdoor is showing constantly as a wireless connection, even through it is powered over the ethernet. And one of the x50's is connecting wireless now and then.

My situation:

Router --> Two switches connected to the router: TP-link TL-SG108PE and Netgear GS108PE

The deco's are connected to the switches and configured as "access points".

Connecting the x50-outdoor to same switch as the x50 (main) won't help.

It's a shame that the app doesn't have options like seeing the link speed and preferred connection type (wired vs wireless).

Options