Why my AX 23 router 5ghz wifi is close to no range

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-06 06:39:57
Model: Archer AX23  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 20220216 Rel. 60801(5553)

My old router can connected to 5ghz but with this AX 23 I am not able to connect it. The only way for me to get 5ghz connection is to put my phone on top of the router and how is that normal? Thanks in advance 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Why my AX 23 router 5ghz wifi is close to no range
2023-02-07 07:04:15

@Despair 

Hi, it's unusual if the 5G signal is that poor. Try some basic troubleshooting suggestions to check if it can be improved.

1. Change the Transmit Power to High if it is set to be Low or Middle (Advanced > Wireless > Wireless Settings).

2. Change the 5G wireless channel to one that with a stronger signal. You could install a Wi-Fi diagnostic tool on the computer or phone to review and monitor the RSSI or signal strength on each channel, then choose one with better coverage.

3. Go through this FAQ to see how to place your wireless router for optimal reception and performance.

4. Test with another 5G client device, which will tell you if the issue comes with the router or the phone itself.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-02-07 19:13:55

@Liverpool20 

Hi, it is very unsual and my router is out of warranty because I was using it as access point up until now but decided to swap it now.

1. The transmit power I have change to high in the setting.

2. I use netspot and change to a better channel.

3. I have check and try following it but it still doesnt work. My old router works with the 5Ghz with my phone and PC so it is weird that this one dont have the range. I need to put my phone on top of the router to actually get 5Ghz which is very odd.

4. I have test with different phone as well as my PC which can connect to my old router (Wifi 5)

Thanks for replying !

Options
2023-02-08 03:38:14

@Despair 

If that is the case, I would suggest contacting their tech support to confirm if this device needs to be replaced.

You can call them or email them for a solution.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 383

Replies: 3

Related Articles