Problems with certain web services after receiving latets firmware for Archer A8 router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Problems with certain web services after receiving latets firmware for Archer A8 router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-29 15:05:37 - last edited 2023-01-29 15:06:55
Model: Archer A8  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.12.0 Build 221010 Rel.35508n(4555)

After updating to latest firmware cant load title previews for my steam library (as well as a couple of other minor things). Also Forza 4 crashes after +- 20 minutes due to some internet related issue. Other than that i dont think there was any issues related to internet browsing. Unsure wether it is ISP problem or router, but there was no changes with services provided by ISP, so i think this has something to do with router. Issues can be replicated on all devices connected to router so it isnt issue with computers

Would like to roll back to older firmware version to chek if this is a problem, but router does not allow me to do this. Reinstalling latest firmware doesn't help, factory reset too

Options
5 Reply
Re:Problems with certain web services after receiving latets firmware for Archer A8 router
2023-01-30 03:09:48

@Draku 

It seems the new official 1.12.0 version added EasyMesh and other new features, which could be a significant modification in the firmware. 

Try to disable EasyMesh on its web management page if you don't need it to see if the internet works flawlessly again.

You may also try to reset the A8 to factory defaults and reconfigure it from scratch to see if that makes a difference too.

BTW, are you playing Forza 4 on your computer or Xbox, does it connect to the A8 via 5G wireless or via LAN cable?

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Problems with certain web services after receiving latets firmware for Archer A8 router
2023-01-30 15:20:32 - last edited 2023-01-30 15:22:50

@Liverpool20 Hi. I alreay disabled EasyMesh some time ago, it didnt help with the issue. Resetting to factory defaults also didnt help. I connected to router with LAN cable on all devices

Options
2023-01-30 22:36:40

@Draku I used to have the same problem but I asked my friends for help so I don't know how to show you.

https://basketballstars2.com
Options
2023-01-31 08:20:34

@mikiii Can you ask your friend what he did and post it here?

Options
2023-02-01 02:35:52

@Draku 

Sorry to hear that.

Maybe this is should be looked into by TP-Link team @Kevin_Z.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 367

Replies: 5

Related Articles