Archer AX3000 - Painfully slow LAN speeds (Internet fine though)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-15 17:45:40
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20221019 rel.33889(4555)

Hi all

Recently got the above model to go with our upgraded 1gb internet connection. The internet speed is fine, via ethernet cable to router from my Mac. The LAN speed over Cat6 cabling - though initially 'acceptable' at about 7-800Mbps compared to previous router that would give 900 plus - has recently degraded to a 'crawl' of about 50-80Mbps.

I first noticed when trying to copy a large file to my NAS that took forever. It doesn't seem to matter which device I'm copying to though - still abysmal speeds on all of them.

I noticed a FW upgrade was waiting when logging into the router - did that, but NO difference at all afterwards.

Any suggestions/ideas please?

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer AX3000 - Painfully slow LAN speeds (Internet fine though)
2023-01-16 12:42:34

@LetsGoJoe I'm experiencing the same issue. When I copy a file to a Ethernet attached Mac using wifi ax it is dog slow, I mean, slower the what .n used to be. If I turn on 5G .ac, I'm getting back some acceptable speed.

I don't know much about wifi protocols but as far as I know .ax is the latest, well on my AX50 it is abysmal.

Options
Re:Archer AX3000 - Painfully slow LAN speeds (Internet fine though)
2023-01-16 16:40:28

@Michaelff My main problem is copying from the Mac to anywhere else on the Network - via ethernet OR WiFi, and as I use my NAS for the main central storage location and the Mac is my main device, it's a big issue at the minute!

I'm using a prog/app called LAN Speed Test and even though option-clicking on the WiFi icon in the menu bar says I'm connected around 650-700Mbps, using the LAN ST app to transfer just a 10MB test file returned 17Mbps average throughput (Ethernet is about the same) Forget large files...not even worth trying.

Think it's gonna be a factory reset on the router and start from scratch...

Options