Archer C6 v2.0 Wi-Fi 2.4GHz Problem Fix

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-31 01:50:01 - last edited 2022-12-31 01:55:44
Tags: #Wi-Fi Problems
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.7 Build 20220613 rel.64828(4555)

Hi,

I created this account especially to share this FIX 

After reading the multiple threads about the "famous" 2.4GHz Wi-Fi problem of this router, I tried this experiment: to improve the heat dissipation of the 3 chips.
The result: no more Wi-Fi hangs/blocks/throttling. Everything works perfect now. 

I used two aluminum heat spreaders, thermo-conductive paste with glue and 1.5mm thermal pads for backplate. On the chip with the tin cover I used two 1.5mm thermal pads (one on top of the other). Be careful not to short the very small components near the right chip (I cut some mm of the edges of the fins of the right aluminum heat spreader). Do not use the router for 24h after you glue the aluminum heat spreaders. The paste needs to harden at the room temperature, not with the router working (the chips are getting very hot). 

Warning: every modification will void your warranty. You will do it on your own risk. I am not responsible for any damages that you might experience.

Good luck! 

L.E.: Another fix that I tried after reading about it on another thread was to use a more powerful power source: 12V with 2A instead of the original 12V, 1A one. This did not fix the Wi-Fi problem.  

Closed threads that tried to fix this problem:

• Archer C6 2.4G band stops working, disable then enable restores

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/165494

• Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/186586

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 703

Replies: 0

Tags

Wi-Fi Problems
Related Articles