My Archer C1200 became an unusual brick?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-27 08:06:44
Tags: #Firmware Update #Troubleshooting
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello TP-Linkers!

I have a case with my home Archer router.

Woke up today and found that W-Fi networks are not working. While the cable to my PC still works and there's internet connection available. 

So I checked router settings and saw that yes, wi-fi networks are off (moreover, all the settings like Wi-Fi network name, password are wiped off). Tried switching the Wi-Fi button on the router, then tried to fill Wi-Fi network settings from the scratch, but no luck.

Tried to check for firmware updates and it said that for some reason it can't find the serial number or smth like that, please contact TP-Link support.

Then I thought it would be good idea to factory reset the whole router, maybe something happened to firmware etc. Factory reset finished and then the router turned off.

Now every time I try to turn it on - first it lights all LEDs, 5 secs later only the power LED remains, 10 secs more - power LED turns off, and nothing happens. Router looks like is turned off.

Reset hole on the back of the router also doesn't do anything.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 323

Replies: 0

Tags

Firmware Update
Troubleshooting
Related Articles